Echo & The Bunnymen have premiered a newly recorded reworking of their post-punk classic “The Killing Moon”, originally featured on the band’s beloved fourth studio album, Ocean Rain.
The song has been considered by frontman Ian McCulloch to be “the greatest song in the world.” Today the band has shared the languined strings and piano version of the 1984 single that is included among 13 other classic Bunnymen tracks to be included on the group’s upcoming album The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon.
The new album is due out October 5th, and includes the new song “The Somnambulist,” which you can listen to here.
Echo & The Bunnymen North American Tour Dates:
- Nov. 17: Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Toronto, ON
- Nov. 19: Calvin Theatre & Performing Arts Center, Northampton, MA
- Nov. 20: Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA
- Nov. 21: Town Hall Theatre, New York, NY
- Nov. 23: The Fillmore Detroit, Detroit, MI
- Nov. 24: Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
- Nov. 26: Paramount Theatre, Denver, CO
- Nov. 27: Union Event Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Nov. 29: Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA
- Nov. 30: Revolution Hall, Portland, OR
- Dec. 1: McDonald Theatre, Eugene, OR
- Dec. 3: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA
- Dec. 4: The Cathedral Sanctuary at Immanuel Presbyterian Church, Los Angeles, CA