Following up their tour five years ago where the brothers Reid performed their 1985 debut album Psychocandy in full, The Jesus and Mary Chain are set to tour the U.K and Europe early next year to do the same with a performance 1987’s Darkands.
On March 20th the European tour will commence in Glasgow, with shows in Manchester and London before the JAMC trek through the continent for shows in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Italy up until April 4.
Tickets for all of these concerts go on sale at 10 a.m. BST Friday.
See The Jesus and Mary Chain’s website at thejesusandmarychain.uk.com for more details.
Recorded after their drummer Bobby Gilespie departed to focus more on his own band Primal Scream, the drum machine-driven Darklands was a more than a worthy successor to the much-beloved Psychocandy, spawning a series of hit singles ad fan favorites, such as “April Skies,” “Happy When it Rains” and the title track “Darklands”.
See the Darklands tour dates below.
The Jesus and Mary Chain play Darklands
- March 20: Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK
- March 21: Albert Hall, Manchester, UK
- March 22: Roundhouse, London, UK
- March 24: Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden
- March 25: Tradgarn, Gothenburg, Sweden
- March 26: Grey Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark
- March 28: Live Music Hall, Cologne, Germany
- March 29: Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- March 30: Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium
- April 1: Alcatraz, Milan, Italy
- April 2: Backstage Werk, Munich, Germany
- April 3: Schlachthof, Wiesbaden, Germany
- April 4: Astra, Berlin, Germany
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: