Genre-defying post-punk veterans Dead Can Dance recently finished an extensive European tour billed A Celebration – Life & Works in tandem with the release of their 9th studio LP and concept album Dionysus,—the long-awaited follow-up to the group’s previous record Anastasis, which was the group’s first record in 16 years.
Today, the Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry helmed band have announced 17 dates in North and South America.
The North American dates commence on April 17th in Philadelphia and conclude on May 11th in San Diego.
The tour also includes two concerts in Canada and two in Mexico, with final dates in Colombia and Chile closing out the itinerary in late May.
For the European tour, fans were treated to a career-spanning set of favorites, with highlights being the original arrangement of “In Power We Entrust The Love Avocated”, “Xavier”, “Avatar”, and more:
The final night in Europe was at the Odeio Herodou Attikou, in Athens, Greece.
Here is the setlist from that beautiful evening:
- Anywhere Out of the World
- Labour of Love
- In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley
- Indoctrination (A Design for Living)
- Yulunga (Spirit Dance)
- The Carnival Is Over
- The Host of Seraphim
- Autumn Sun
- Dance of the Bacchantes
- Song to the Siren
- The Promised Womb
Tickets for all shows are on-sale on Friday morning here: dcd.ffm.to/live.ofp
Dead Can Dance tour dates
- April 17: The Met Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- April 19: The Anthem, Washington, D.C., USA
- April 21: Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
- April 24: Boch Center, Boston, MA, USA
- April 26: Meridian Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada
- April 28: Scottish Rite Cathedral Theatre, Detroit, MI, USA
- April 29: Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL, USA
- May 3: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
- May 4: Orpheum Annex Theatre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- May 7: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
- May 9: Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- May 11: San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego, CA, USA
- May 14: Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
- May 16: Teatro Diana, Guadalajara, Mexico
- May 19: Teatro Jorge Eliecer Gaitan, Bogota, Colombia
- May 24: Teatro Municipal, Santiago, Chile
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: