Dark post-punk outfit hailing from Oakland California, Ötzi, has just announced their signing with Toronto-based Artoffact Records, home of superstars Kaelan Mikla, ACTORS and The Foreign Resort.
To Artoffact’s roster, Ötzi bring their unique brand of raw, dark, and visceral Bay-Area post-punk, tempered by haunting gothic rock undertones channeled through the powerful vocals of Akiko Sampson and Gina Marie.
Ötzi established a name for themselves in the post-punk underground with their 2017 debut LP, Ghosts, followed by a 2018 live studio EP, Part Time Punks Sessions.
In May of 2020, Ötzi are set to release their second full-length studio album, Storm. The forthcoming LP was produced by both Akiko Sampson and Gina Marie themselves and was recorded by Stan Wright of Arctic Flowers.
To celebrate the new signing, and the highly anticipated new record, Ötzi are set to embark on a spring 2020 tour of the southwestern United States, including an appearance at SXSW and a date in Los Angeles at Part Time Punks with HTRK.
Ötzi are a DIY tour-de-force, resisting trends and conventions while creating music that strongly adheres to the left-wing and feminist values born from the Crass school of UK punk, while also capturing the subversive spirit of positive-punk, forged with the dark and rebellious essence of California Deathrock.
On this tour and during the forthcoming dates for 2020, the trio of Sampson, Gina Marie and guitarist K. Dylan Edrich will expand to include Winter Zora on saxophone and synth.
Tour dates for Europe and the UK will be soon to follow.
- March 6 – San Francisco | Cafe Du Nord (w/ Bambara)
- March 7 – Oakland | First Church of the Buzzard (w/ Spectres, Sectarian Bloom)
- March 14 – San Diego – Tower Bar
- March 15 – Los Angeles | Echoplex/Part Time Punks (w/ HTRK, Dry Cleaning)
- March 17 – Phoenix – Qual Lounge
- March 18 – Tucson – Club Congress
- March 19 – El Paso – Monarch
- March 20 – Austin | SXSW/Valhalla (w/ Kaelan Mikla, ACTORS, Foreign Resort)