Pioneering Industrial EBM act Nitzer Ebb, who reformed with their original lineup last year for a series of concerts, have announced today via their website a 20-date North American tour in May and September.
The first 12 dates of the tour kick off in Boston on May 9th—ahead of the band’s scheduled appearances at various European summer festivals (such as Wave Gotik Treffen) and concerts that are scheduled into the fall.
UPDATE: US dates continue for a second leg of 8 gigs beginning on Sept 19th in Austin Texas.
See full dates below or via the band’s official website.
Recently, we interviewed Bon Harris and Douglas McCarthy in depth about the process of reuniting the original lineup of Nitzer Ebb Product which was formed in Chelmsford, Essex in 1982, with now returning members, David Gooday and Simon Granger.
In the interview, Harris and McCarthy also go on to discuss how Gooday and Granger brought some of the elements from their project Stark into the mix, which instigated a new spark of creativity in interpreting the body of work that comprises NEP’s impressive back catalog of songs—which heavily influenced electronic dance music to the point that would ultimately be a necessity for the band to perform live at the world’s most famous techno club Berghain in December.
Watch the interview below:
In addition to the career spanning 10 LP box covering releases between 1982-2010 through Pylon Records, (which you can order here), Nitzer Ebb and Mute have announced details of the first in a re-release campaign of the band’s catalogue on vinyl and CD that will cover the world outside North America.
Body of Work, a compilation originally released in 2006, will be available for the first time on vinyl on March 8th 2019, as a limited edition 4-piece set on red and white vinyl.
Nitzer Ebb Tour dates
- May 9: Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA
- May 10: Elsewhere Rooftop, Brooklyn, NY
- May 11: Societe des Arts Technologiques, Montreal, QC
- May 12: Theatre of the Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- May 14: Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
- May 15: Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore, MD
- May 17: Oriental Theatre, Denver, CO
- May 20: The Orpheum, Tampa, FL
- May 21: Terminal West, Atlanta, GA
- May 24: The Ground at Space, Miami, FL
- May 25: Numbers, Houston, TX
- May 26: Trees, Dallas, TX
- May 30: Primavera Sound, Barcelona, Spain
- May 31: Nuits Sonores 2019, Lyon, France
- June 7: Wave Gotik Treffen 2019, Leipzig, Germany
- June 30: Val de Rock, Chessy, France
- July 20: Amphi Festival, Cologne, Germany
- Aug. 3: Bergfest, Thale, Germany
- Aug. 4: Dekmantel Festival, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Aug. 18: W-Fest, Amougies, Belgium
- Aug. 25: Infest 2019, Bradford, UK
U.S. [Second Leg]
- Sept. 19: The Mohawk – Austin TX
- Sept. 20: Cold Waves Festival – Metro – Chicago IL
- Sept. 21: St. Andrew’s Hall – Detroit MI
- Sept. 23: VENUE – Vancouver BC
- Sept. 25: Neumos – Seattle WA
- Sept. 26: Wonder Ballroom – Portland, OR
- Sept. 27: Slim’s – San Francisco CA
- Oct. 05: The Regent Theater – Los Angeles CA
More European Dates:
- Oct. 25: Soundedit Fesitval, Lodz, Poland
- Nov. 17: La Machine, Paris, France
- Nov. 18: La Laitrie, Strasbourg, France
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: