My Bloody Valentine have announced a North America tour. In between the band’s appearance at Robert Smith’s Cureation of the 25h annual Meltdown Festival, and Japan’s Sonicmania, Kevin Shields and Co at set to perform at in cities such as Minneapolis, Chicago, Philadelphia, and New York.
The band are also set to appear at FYF Fest in Los Angeles.
This series of concerts will be the Shoegaze legends first live shows since the end of 2013.
This past March, Kevin Shields announced that instead releasing the follow up album to 2013’s mbv right away, that the band will release a “sprawling EP,” stating:
“I’m gonna do a couple of them before I do an album.”
News of new material from My Bloody Valentine was initially revealed through Shields’ announcement of his performing at Sigur Rós’ Norður og Niður Holiday Arts Festival in Iceland last December, where according to his bio on the fest’s site, it stated that he was “working on material for a new My Bloody Valentine album to be released in 2018.”
Recently released are reissues of My Bloody Valentine’s first two albums, 1988’s Isn’t Anything and 1991’s Loveless, on vinyl.
My Bloody Valentine Tour Dates (Brooklyn Vegan has some presale info up for select dates):
- 06-23 London, England – Royal Festival Hall
- 07-05 Roskilde, Denmark – Roskilde Festival
- 07-17 Seattle, WA – Paramount
- 07-19 Oakland, CA – Fox Theater
- 07-22 Los Angeles, CA – FYF Fest
- 07-25 St. Paul, MN – Palace Theatre
- 07-27 Chicago, IL – Riviera Theatre
- 07-30 Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore
- 08-01 New York, NY – Hammerstein Ballroom
- 08-17 Makuhari Messe, Japan – Sonicmania