No other pairing in the history of Darkwave ever matched the unfettered creativity, resolve, and DIY tenacity born from the collaboration between the two creative minds that comprise Lebanon Hanover.
The meeting of the Swiss musician Larissa Georgiou, aka Larissa Iceglass, and British artist William Maybelline a decade ago in the latter’s hometown of Sunderland in the UK was a monumental occasion reverberating throughout the European music scene and even across the Atlantic.
At the dawn of the global pandemic, where dystopian nightmares that were only ever seen before within the pages of books and flashes of silver screen celluloid have become a daily reality, a new kind of darkness envelops the world. It was at this moment Lebanon Hanover returned, sharing a glimmer of hope with the single “The Last Thing”, the duo’s first song from their forthcoming sixth studio album Sci-Fi Sky.
Now Iceglass and Maybelline have unveiled the second single from their best album yet with “Digital Ocean”—a song which features a melody that would be at home on early Cocteau Twins records, whose oceanic guitars and drum machines crash like breakers against the rhythm of Maybelline’s baleful growl.
Watch the video for “Digital Ocean” below:
Lebanon Hanover’s Sci-Fi Sky is out October 30th through Fabrika Records and can be pre-ordered via the band’s official website here
Lebanon Hanover will be performing live select dates this autumn, with a tour in support of Sci-Fi Sky to commence in January. Several other shows to be announced. Dates are subjected to changes depending on the COVID evolution.
- 2020, September 20th: Tamùa Klub – Poznan (https://bit.ly/3gSDowP)
- 2020, October 21st: La Gaité Lyrique – Paris (https://bit.ly/2EJO7Nf)
- 2020, November 13th: MOD Club – Saint Petersburg (https://bit.ly/3i6VPPC)
- 2020, November 14th: Aglomerat – Mosco (https://bit.ly/31THvEJ)
- 2021, January 22nd: Wolf Barcelona – Barcelona (https://bit.ly/2Z1cGvU)
- 2021, January 23rd: Copérnico – Madrid (https://bit.ly/3lKKTJM)
- 2021, February 11th: Le Botanique – Brussels (https://bit.ly/32QXqmt)
- 2021, February 13th : La Laiterie – Strasbourg (https://bit.ly/2QS8VnX)
- 2021, March 05+06: Foro Indie Rocks – Mexico City (https://bit.ly/2GgwzIL)
- 2021, March 10th: – Lee’s Place – Toronto (https://bit.ly/2QQZchK)
- 2021, March 11th: Fairmount – Montreal (https://bit.ly/3hW7mRM)
- 2021, April 16th: Das Rind -Rüsselsheim am Main (https://bit.ly/32RNFV8)
- 2021, April 23rd: Sveta Baar – Tallinn (https://bit.ly/2Z3xtil)
- 2021, April 24th: Zet Pe Te – Krakow (https://bit.ly/2Gi1Ivp)
- 2021, May 15th: Grelle Forelle – Vienna (https://bit.ly/337EQqv)
- 2021, July 11th, 2021: Castle fest – Bolkow (https://bit.ly/3hUFyNR)
- 2021, August 14th: Unter dem Himmel – Thale (https://bit.ly/3hXwI1L
- 2021, September 09th: The Brudenell Social Club – Leeds (https://bit.ly/2Z1EnVc)
- 2021, September 10th: The White Hotel – Manchester (https://bit.ly/2QUxKja)
- 2021, September 11th: Studio 9294 – London (https://bit.ly/350iSrH)
- 2021, September 17th: Ampere – Munich (https://bit.ly/2EYFQ7L)
- 2021, October 9th: Whelan’s – Dublin (https://bit.ly/350SvCc)
- 2021, October 23rd: Lizard Club – Caserte (https://bit.ly/352grFk)
- 2021, November 19th: Kulttempel – Oberhausen
- 2021, November 20th: Baroeg – Rotterdam (https://bit.ly/3hVs18K)
- 2021, December 10th: Vinile Club – Bassano Del Grappa
2021, December 11th: Legend Club – Milano (https://bit.ly/3jB50Z4)