Ahead of their first-ever US tour, Icelandic post-punk trio Kælan Mikla have returned with a video for their tenebrous track “Hvernig kemst ég upp?” which translates from Icelandic to “How do I get up?”.
The song was the first to debut from their 2018 critically acclaimed third full-length album Nótt eftir nótt (“Night After Night”), which came out last November via Artoffact Records.
The video is a live version of “Hvernig kemst ég upp?”, recorded and edited by Dean Kemball, with the audio recorded by Kipras Dominas.
Watch the video below:
KælanMikla’s tour Kicks off in Los Angeles for Robert Smith’s Pasadena Daydream Festival, and then continues in New York City for the annual goth and post-punk festival Murder of Crows Festival on September 1st, and closes out at Chicago’s Cold Waves Festival on September 21st.
- 08/31 – Los Angeles, CA @Pasadena Daydream Festival
- 09/01 – New York, NY @ Murder of Crows Festival
- 09/02 – Boston, MA @ O’Brien’s
- 09/03 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie
- 09/04 – Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
- 09/05 – Richmond, VA @ Wonderland
- 09/06 – Atlanta, GA @ 529 Bar
- 09/07 – New Orleans, LA @ Santos
- 09/08 – Austin, TX @ Barracuda
- 09/09 – Phoenix, AZ @ Rebel Lounge
- 0910 – Tijuana, MX @ Moustache Bar
- 09/11 – San Diego, CA @ Space
- 09/12 – San Francisco, CA @ Cold Waves Festival
- 09/13 – Los Angeles, CA @ Cold Waves Festival
- 09/15 – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
- 09/17 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Diabolical Records
- 09/18 – Denver, CO @ Rhinoceropolis
- 09/19 – Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews
- 09/20 – Minneapolis, MN @ Part Wolf
- 09/21 – Chicago, IL @ Cold Waves Festival