Morrissey’s 16 date North American tour has begun—with a surprise in his set among the 20 tracks culled from his 35 year long career.
During the first gig of the tour in Portland, Oregon, The Mancunian singer graced the stage with his first-ever live performance of “I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish,” which was ironically the second single off The Smiths’ posthumously released final album Strangeways, Here We Come.
The proceeding singles thereafter “Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me“, and “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before” were also performed after the band’s demise—with former not performed live by Morrissey until 1999, and the latter used to open Morrissey’s first solo gig at the at The Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, on December 22nd 1988.
See the full setlist below for the Halloween gig in Portland Oregon below, which opened with a cover of Elvis Presley’s 1965 single “You’ll Be Gone”.
Setlist: Morrissey, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Portland, Oregon, 10/31/17
- “You’ll Be Gone” (Elvis Presley)
- “I Wish You Lonely”
- “I Started Something I Couldn’t Finish” (The Smiths)
- “Spent the Day in Bed”
- “Alma Matters”
- “When You Open Your Legs”
- “Home Is a Question Mark”
- “When Last I Spoke to Carol”
- “How Soon Is Now?” (The Smiths)
- “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris”
- “The Bullfighter Dies”
- “Jack the Ripper”
- “Back on the Chain Gang” (The Pretenders)
- “World Peace Is None of Your Business”
- “All the Young People Must Fall in Love”
- “Meat Is Murder” (The Smiths)
- “Everyday Is Like Sunday
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: