The Psychedelic Furs announce that in April they will be embarking upon a month-long, thirteen-date tour in the American South, which the band says will be the “first leg” of its plans for 2023.
The British post-punk band, which formed in 1977, were on heavy rotation on alternative radio throughout the 80s and 90s, as well as onscreen – starting with their massive hit “Pretty In Pink” in 1986 on the soundtrack for the John Hughes film, and more recently on Stranger Things and the film Call Me By Your Name. They’ve been covered by artists as varied as Radiohead, Weezer, Todd Rundgren, and Chrystabell.
The Furs released Made of Rain in 2020, their first album since 1991’s World Outside. Made of Rain also made Post-Punk.com’s “Best of 2020” list – proving Richard Butler remains at the apex of his songwriting game.
The newly-announced shows open on April 28th in Phoenix, making stops in Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Clearwater, and more. The final show of this leg is on 20 May in Miami Beach.
Tickets go on sale at 10:00 AM local time this Friday.
See the band’s website for more details.
- April 28: Celebrity Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
- April 29: Rialto Theatre, Tucson, AZ
- May 2: House of Blues, Dallas, TX
- May 3: Tower Theatre, Oklahoma City, OK
- May 5: ACL Live at The Moody Theater, Austin TX
- May 6: Aztec Theatre, San Antonio, TX
- May 7: House of Blues, Houston, TX
- May 10: Manship Theatre, Baton Rouge, LA
- May 12: House of Blues, New Orleans, LA
- May 16: Florida Theatre, Jacksonville, FL
- May 18: Bilheimer Capitol Theatre, Clearwater, FL
- May 19: Hard Rock Live Orlando, Orlando, FL
- May 20: Miami Beach Bandshell, Miami Beach, FL
Follow The Psychedelic Furs: