The Damned are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their groundbreaking third studio album Machine Gun Etiquette by performing the record in full on tour in the US in late May.
Machine Gun Etiquette has some of The Damned’s most iconic classics such as “Love Song,” Smash it Up,” “I Just Can’t Be Happy Today,” “Melody Lee,” “Plan 9 Channel 7,” and “Anti-Pope.”
The Damned’s current lineup includes vocalist Dave Vanian, guitarist Captain Sensible, keys by Monty Oxymoron, and Pinch on drums, along with Strawberries era bassist Paul Grey who rejoined the band last year.
The North American tour begins next week at Alex’s Bar in Long Beach California, followed by gigs at Las Vegas festival Punk Rock Bowling, and shows in Chicago, Detroit, San Diego, and St. Louis, as well as Thornville, OH’s Camp Anarchy Festival, and a California date with X this July.
No news yet of a “Hollow East” leg of the tour.
The Damned – 2019 Tour Dates
- Wed. 5/22 – Long Beach, CA – Alex’s Bar
- Thu. 5/23 – Long Beach, CA – Alex’s Bar
- Fri. 5/24 – San Diego, CA – House of Blues
- Sat. 5/25 – Las Vegas, NV – Punk Rock Bowling
- 5/29 – St. Louis, MO – Delmar Hall
- 5/30 – Chicago, IL – House of Blues
- Fri. 5/31 – Detroit, MI – St. Andrew’s Hall
- Sat. 6/1 – Thornville, OH – Camp Anarchy Festival
- Sat. 7/6 – Costa Mesa, CA – Pacific Amphitheatre w/ X, Reverend Horton Heat
- Fri. 8/30–Sun. 9/1 – Cookeville, TN – Muddy Roots Festival