Shoegaze legends Ride have premiered their new track “Future Love” off of their forthcoming 6th studio album This Is Not A Safe Place—the follow up to 2017 Weather Diaries.
Like the previous record, the new album is once again produced Erol Alkan and mixed Alan Moulder, and will be out August 16 via Wichita.
“Future Love” spirals into lush, hopeful, shoegaze romanticism infused with the 1960s infused vocal harmonies found on their debut LP Nowhere, Chapterhouse’s Whirlpool, and Slowdive’s Just For A Day.
As Brooklyn Vegan points out, the song plays out nicely here in a “Twisterella” kind of way, but with a bit more Jangle-pop polish, evoking the love songs crafted for those long gone summer days several generations ago.
“Future Love is a song about the beginning of a relationship when everything feels possible,” says Ride’s Andy Bell.
Listen, and check out album art and tracklist, below.
Ride play London’s tiny Moth Club tonight and have festival dates scheduled this summer. All confirmed dates listed below.
This Is Not A Safe Place tracklist:
- Future Love
- Kill Switch
- Clouds of Saint Marie
- Eternal Recurrence
- 15 Minutes
- Jump Jet
- Dial Up
- End Game
- Shadows Behind the Sun
- In This Room
RIDE 2019 Tour Dates
- APR 23 TUE MOTH Club – London, United Kingdom
- APR 27 SAT – Audio – São Paulo, Brazil
- APR 30 TUE – Teatro Teletón – Santiago, Chile
- MAY 25 SAT – This Is Tomorrow – Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- JUN 6 THU – Dolans Warehouse – Limerick, Ireland
- JUN 7 FRI – The Limelight 2 – Belfast, Ireland
- JUN 8 SAT – Malahide Castle & Gardens – Co. Dublin, Ireland
- JUL 17 WED – EJEKT FESTIVAL – Kallithea, Greece