Post-Punk legends Modern English are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a special North American tour this summer. Every show will feature a full rendition of their 1982 classic second studio album After the Snow.
“Recording After the Snow with Hugh Jones as producer was an incredible experience,” Modern English frontman Robbie Grey said in a statement. “To say it changed our lives forever would be an understatement. The band wants to bring this experience to a live audience as we play the album in its entirety for the first time. We want to bring a creative and memorable atmosphere to a tour which will be very special for us.”
After the Snow featured the hit singles “Life in the Gladhouse”, “I Melt with You“, and the wonderful “Someone’s Calling”.
The current touring lineup of the band is comprised of original members Robbie Grey (vocals), Michael Conroy (bass), Stephen Walker (keyboards) and Gary McDowell (guitars.) Original drummer Richard Brown has been replaced by Roy Martin.
NYC’s Bootblacks are supporting Modern English for three weeks of the tour this summer, while the marvelous ACTORS from Vancouver, are set to support the band on their West Coast dates.
Modern English Tour Dates
- June 12th – San Diego, CA @ Casbah
- June 13th – Riverside, CA @ Concert Lounge
- June 14th – Los Angeles, CA @ Echoplex
- June 16th – San Francisco, CA @ The Chapel
- June 18th – Portland, OR @ Doug Fir
- June 19th – Seattle, WA @ Triple Door
- June 20th – Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theater
- June 23rd – Denver, CO @ Soiled Dove
- June 25th – Milwaukee, WI @ Summerfest
- June 26th – Evanston, IL @ Space
- June 28th – Three Oaks, MI @ The Acorn
- June 30th – Pittsburgh, PA @ Crafthouse
- July 1st – Pawling, NY @ Daryl’s House
- July 2nd – New York, NY @ Sony Hall
- July 5th – Asbury Park, NJ @ Asbury Lanes
- July 6th – Philadelphia, PA @ Ardmore Music Hall
- July 8th – Atlanta, GA @ Earl’s
- July 10th – Tampa, FL @ Orpheum
- July 11th – West Palm Beach, FL @ Respectable Street