King Woman (aka Kristina Esfandiari), like an angel with clipped wings, has fallen into the depths of suffering with “Psychic Wound”, the second single from her sophomore album Celestial Blues.
The song is a gloom-laden doom gaze opera that crescendoes into primal screams of agony, while Esdandiari writhes like the vampiric countess Elizabeth Báthory in a deep scarlet bloodbath.
“[It’s] about paying the price for eating forbidden fruit,” Esdandiari explains. “When desire turns into obsession it can keep you longer than you intended to stay and nearly destroy your sanity.”
Watch the video for “Psychic Wound”, directed by Muted Widows, below:
King Woman has announced a series of live performances in support of Celestial Blues. All dates are listed below. Tickets and passes are on sale on Friday, June 4th at 10 am pacific.
- July 30 Los Angeles, CA Lodge Room
- July 31 Los Angeles, CA Lodge Room
- October 15 Brooklyn, NY TBA
- October 16 Brooklyn, NY TBA
- October 17 Brooklyn, NY TBA
- October 29 Oakland, CA Starline
- October 30 Oakland, CA Starline
- October 31 Oakland, CA Starline (covers show)
Follow King Woman: