Killing Joke are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year with two editions of special career-spanning Fortieth Anniversary Ultimate Collection box sets.
The first version is a set of 16 double CDs, including expanded editions of each of the band’s 15 albums, plus a collection of further bonus material, priced at $232. The vinyl edition includes 16 colored double LPs packaged in a flight case with a set of headphones and a signed lyric book, priced at $852.
Check out the full track listings for the CD box set and the vinyl flight case.
Along with the release of the box set, Killing Joke are set to embark on their 40th anniversary “Laugh At Your Peril” tour, beginning with 14 dates in the US this September, before heading down south for a series of 5 Latin America dates.
After a 2 week break, the band have 14 dates scheduled in Europe for the month of October, and 12 more dates in the UK in the month of November—closing out the tour on November 17th at The Roundhouse in London.
About the tour and box set the band made this statement via its Facebook page:
“Forty years ago this summer Jaz met Big Paul, one year later we released our first EP. Our fortieth anniversary celebrations will therefore be stretched over 2 years and begins with a world tour, parties and talks by Youth and Jaz… a new magnum opus.”
See full tour dates below; full information is available on Killing Joke’s website.
“Laugh At Your Peril” Tour Dates 2018
- Sat 1st Studio Seven, Seattle WA U.S.
- Sun 2nd Star Theater, Portland OR U.S.
- Tue 4th DNA Lounge, San Francisco CA U.S.
- Wed 5th Regent Theater, Los Angeles CA U.S.
- Fri 7th Oriental Theater, Denver CO U.S.
- Sun 9th Skully’s Music Diner, Columbus OH U.S.
- Mon 10th Soundstage, Baltimore MD U.S.
- Tue 11th The Paradise, Boston MA U.S.
- Wed 12th Irving Plaza, New York NY U.S.
- Fri 14th Chicago IL U.S. (exclusive mid-west performance tba)
- Mon 17th Granada Theater, Dallas TX U.S.
- Tue 18th The Mohawk, Austin TX U.S.
- Wed 19th Warehouse Live, Houston TX U.S.
- Fri 21st Lunario del Auditorio Nacional Mexico City Mexico
- Sun 23rd Carioca Club, Sao Paolo Brasil
- Mon 24th Roxy Live, Buenos Aires Argentina
- Thu 27th Blondie, Santiago Chile
- Sat 29th Cocos, Lima Peru
- Mon 15th Markthalle, Hamburg Germany
- Tue 16th Neue Theaterfabrik, Munich Germany
- Wed 17th E-Werk ( Erlangen), Hamburg Germany
- Fri 19th Huxleys, Berlin Germany
- Sat 20th Stodola, Warsaw PolandSun
- 21st The Roxy, Prague Czech Republic
- Mon 22nd MCC Randal, Slovakia
- Tue 23rd Durer Kert, Budapest Hungary
- Thur 25th Milan Italy
- Fri 26th L’Usine / PTR, Geneva Switzerland
- Sat 27th Cabaret Sauvage, Paris France
- Sun 28th Live Music Hall, Cologne Germany
- Tue 30th Da Roma, Antwerp Belgium
- Wed 31st Melkweg, Amsterdam Netherlands
- Fri 2nd Rock City, Nottingham UK
- Sat 3rd O2 Academy, Leeds UK
- Sun 4th Northumbria University, Newcastle UK
- Tue 6th Barrowland, Glasgow UK
- Wed 7th Manchester Academy, Manchester UK
- Fri 9th The Institute (The O2), Birmingham UK
- Sat 10th O2 Academy, Bristol UK
- Sun 11th Guildhall, Southampton UK
- Tues 13th Corn Exchange, Cambridge UK
- Wed 14th UEA, Norwich UK
- Fri 16th O2 Academy, Oxford UK
- Sat 17th Roundhouse, London UK
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: