This interview was initially conducted in the autumn of 2018, but due to a faulty power supply frying our workstation’s motherboard, along with a damaged SSD drive, Camera 1 and half the interview audio were lost permanently.
Kælan Mikla are about to embark on their first North American tour, beginning with their set at the Pasadena Daydream Festival, performing at the request of The Cure’s Robert Smith for the third time, followed by a headlining appearance at the fifth annual A Murder of Crows Festival in NYC.
We decided to revive the interview in order to promote the tour, in honor of the DIY spirit of the band.
Watch the interview below:
Nótt eftir nótt (“Night After Night”), our choice for album of the year 2018, is out now via Artoffact Records.
See Kælan Mikla’s tour itinerary below:
- Aug 31 – Los Angeles, CA @ Pasadena Daydream Festival
- Sep 1 – New York, NY @ Murder of Crows Festival
- Sep 2 – Boston, MA @ O’Brien’s **
- Sep 3 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie **
- Sep 4 – Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery **
- Sep 5 – Richmond, VA @ Wonderland **
- Sep 6 – Atlanta, GA @ 529 Bar **
- Sep 7 – New Orleans, LA @ Santos **
- Sep 8 – Austin, TX @ Barracuda **
- Sep 9 – Phoenix, AZ @ Rebel Lounge
- Sep 10 – Tijuana, MX @ Moustache Bar
- Sep 11 – San Diego, CA @ Space
- Sep 12 – San Francisco, CA @ Cold Waves Festival
- Sep 13 – Los Angeles, CA @ Cold Waves Festival
- Sep 15 – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
- Sep 17 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Diabolical Records
- Sep 18 – Denver, CO @ Rhinoceropolis
- Sep 19 – Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews
- Sep 20 – Minneapolis, MN @ Part Wolf
- Sep 21 – Chicago, IL @ Cold Waves Festival
Post-Punk.com needs your help to keep running and to continue making videos like these. You can do so by signing up to our Subscriptions on Facebook and Patreon and get access to exclusive videos and more