Indie Rock Stalwart Johnny Marr, unlike his former bandmate Morrissey, seldom cancels a gig, but he, unfortunately, like many Musicians trying to tour the United States, has to secure work visas to perform there.
The process is time-consuming, expensive, usually requires a lawyer, references, and more, and even then is not guaranteed to be approved.
And when approval is granted, tours can quite often end up being delayed, or postponed. Such is the case today with Marr’s announcement that the first three gigs of his 2019 USA Comet Tour, which was set to begin this Saturday in Atlanta.
Marr’s tour will continue as planned on May 1st in Montclair New Jersey.
See Marr’s post below:
“It is with much sadness and frustration that I have to announce the postponement of the first 3 shows of our US tour due to Visa issues. We’ve made every effort to remedy the situation but unfortunately have not been able to do so. Please seek refunds at point of purchase.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone for the rest of the tour and will be there to play the Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ on May 1. Yours sincerely. Johnny Marr.”
Johnny Marr Spring North American Tour:
- April 27: Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse (postponed)
- April 28: Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre (postponed)
- April 29: Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theatre (postponed)
- May 1: Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theater
- May 3: Providence, RI @ Fete Music Hall
- May 4: New Haven, CT @ College Street Music Hall
- May 6: Huntington, NY @ The Paramount
- May 7: South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground Ballroom
- May 8: Portland, ME @ Aura
- May 10: London, ON @ London Music Hall
- May 11: Detroit, MI @ Saint Andrews Hall
- May 13: Chicago, IL @ The Vic Theatre
- May 14: Milwaukee, WI @ The Pabst Theater
- May 15: Kansas City, MO @ Voodoo Lounge at Harrah’s
- May 16: Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
- May 18:Las Vegas @ Brooklyn Bowl
- May 19: Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- May 20: San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
- May 21: Los Angeles, CA @ John Anson Ford Amphitheatre