Ahead of the release of their new album Odd Talk this Friday, Chicago post-punk quartet Ganser are premiering their video for the track “Satsuma”.
Directed by the band and shot by Kirsten Miccoli in post-blizzard Chicago, the video features a woman (Kate Ziebart) finishing her beer to then embark on an introverted dance around a wintry Chicago—during a day that gives no indication to time—with the sun tucked away under a perpetual blanket of white.
“We should all really take more vitamin D.”
While Cavorting past each member of the band in turn with her gracefully frantic movements, she is perhaps utilizing a great way to battle seasonal depression, unaware that she is transforming each passerby’s mundane routine into something both wonderful and strange.
Video credits: Direction & Editing by Ganser Camera & Color by Kirsten Miccoli Dancer Kate Ziebart
Odd Talk—the full length follow-up to Ganser’s 2016 EP This Feels Like Living is out April 20th on No Trend Records
Ganser Tour Dates
- 4/25 – Detroit, MI – Outer Limits Lounge %
- 4/26 – Pittsburgh, PA – Howlers %
- 4/27 – Brooklyn, NY – Alphaville %
- 4/28 – Philadelphia, PA – Mothership %
- 4/29 – Providence, RI – Alchemy %
- 5/01 – Brooklyn, NY – St. Vitus
- 5/02 – Baltimore, MD – Sidebar
- 5/03 – Richmond, VA – Flora
- 5/04 – Raleigh, NC – Slim’s
- 5/05 – Atlanta, GA – 529
- 5/06 – Memphis, TN – Bar DKDC
% – with Bloody Knives
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: