Dream pop duo Chasms churn passions without “Limits” in their latest single—a song so heartrendingly beautiful its like a scythe to the legs in pure aching and fervent emotion
“Limits” is a vast dreamscape of sound emphasized with slow womb-like rhythms, iridescent guitar delay, and a whirl of pelagic synths.
The song examines personal boundaries and limits, the point at which one’s resilience to pain has worn down, when all that you’ve buried resurfaces and you’re left to confront your wounds.
Listen and watch the spiraling visualization for “Limits” below:
Co-produced and mixed by Joshua Eustis (Telefon Tel Aviv), the track follows the band’s dark, ethereal dub-leaning LP The Mirage and the single “Until It Happens To You,” both released on Felte in 2019.
The band are on tour with Telefon Tel Aviv this week and then with The KVB in April.
- 03.12 Phoenix, AZ @ Valley Bar *
- 03.13 Los Angeles, CA @ Lodge Room *
- 03.14 San Francisco, CA @ Grey Area *
- 04.05 Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom ~
- 04.07 Sacramento, CA @ Starlet Room ~
- 04.08 San Francisco, CA @ The Chapel ~
- 04.10 Vancouver, BC @ Verboden Festival
- 04.11 Portland, OR @ Vitalidad Movement Arts Center (Lose Yr Mind Fest) ^
- 04.12 Seattle, WA @ Vera Project ^
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: