Since their emergence in 2017, the enigmatic Columbus-based electronic collective, Child of Night, have been toiling away in the twilight, basking in the subtle glow of the sunrise as it peeks over the horizon, casting long, twisted shadows in its wake.
With their 2021 magnum opus, The Walls at Dawn, Child of Night drew from a well of profound emotion, channeling their innermost fears and desires into a dystopian, yet danceable opus that radiated both sadness and hope, as well as a fierce determination to endure.
Now, Child of Night is set to unveil their upcoming opus, The Walls at Dawn Remixed, which has been masterfully reimagined by some of the most exciting figures in the dark electronic/post-punk universe. Get ready to be transported to another realm, one that vibrates with an otherworldly energy, pulsating with a kaleidoscopic array of sounds.
KANGA’s thrilling take on the track “Disappear” transforms the song into a club-ready dance floor banger, suitable for goth nights everywhere. Vocalist N. Aquena’s vocals echo through time and space with an unsettling hypnotic urgency.
In his signature fashion, Child of Night’s J. Thompson created a visualizer for the remix: a glitched-out psychedelic video collage, constructed with analogue hardware and obscure, VHS horror clips. Strap on those combat boots and stomp your way through Armageddon!
Since 2017, Child of Night has been operating as a covert entity with a singular objective: to manufacture psychologically contagious sonic expeditions. The band’s output consistently conjures a psychedelic tapestry of imagery and sound, pulsating with the rhythm of propulsive darkwave, dreamy trance, and divine invocations. Aquena’s commanding vocals express yearning while also resonating with a potent force, harmonizing with the post-punk guitars and swelling, cinematic synths that accompany them.
Child of Night is shrouded in mystery, and they wouldn’t have it any other way. Preferring to remain in the shadows, C.O.N. flourishes by bringing their unique brand of sonic and visual experimentation on the road, while fostering an ever-growing community of like-minded devotees. Throughout the years, the group has honed their ability to incite near-riotous, unconscious bouts of ecstatic bodily movement on dance floors across the United States.
Here is The Walls At Dawn in its original form:
Profit Prison, known for their 2020 romantic darkwave EP Dreams of a Dark Building released on Avant!, will join Child of Night on tour this May. This collaboration between the two dark electronic acts is a specialevent, with both groups set to deliver a unique fusion of dark dance and musical artistry. To stay informed about tour dates and other details, follow Child of Night and Profit Prison on Instagram. A complete list of tour dates can be found below:
- May 19 – New York, NY @ Saint Vitus*
- May 20 – Kingston, NY @ Blackbird Infoshop*
- May 21 – Richmond, VA @ Fallout*
- May 22 – Raleigh, NC @ Ruby Deluxe*
- May 24 – Asheville, NC @ Static Age*
- May 25 – Atlanta, GA @ The Earl*
- May 27 – Nashville, TN @ Cobra*
- May 28 – Birmingham, AL @ The Firehouse*
- May 29 – New Orleans, LA @ The Goat*
- May 31 – Denton, TX @ Rubber Gloves
- June 1 – Houston, TX @ Black Magic Social Club
- June 3 – San Antonio, TX @ Vice Versa
- June 4 – El Paso, TX @ The Reagan
- June 9 – San Diego, CA @ Whistle Stop
- June 10 – Los Angeles, CA @ Rubycon Records
- June 11 – Oakland, CA @ Golden Bull
- June 14 – Seattle, WA @ Central Saloon*
- June 15 – Portland, OR @ Coffin Club
- June 17 – Salt Lake City @ The DLC
- June 18 – Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive
- June 20 – Kansas City, MO @ miniBar
- June 21 – Omaha, NE @ The Sydney
- June 22 – St. Louis, MO @ The Sink Hole
- June 23 – Indianapolis, IN @ Black Circle Brewing
- June 25 – Detroit, MI @ UFO Factory
*w / PROFIT PRISON
Follow Child of Night: