A head of their forthcoming European Tour, Dark folk Dune Messiah, helmed by magnificent musical maestro Magnus Westergaard, have conjured their doldrum-eque declaration “I Headed For The Dancers”, with this brand new (digital) single out today via Berlin label [aufnahme + wiedergabe].
The song is a dark and brooding; like a catastrophic whisper across acoustic strings that drift into an experimental daydream of soft sirens, puffs of steam, broken glass, and other aural metaphors of inner torment, altogether leading into elegant post-punk bassline, overlaid with distorted spoken word.
The song complex as the finest single malt defiled by a veil of cigarette smoke catching the light cracking through a set of Venetian blinds in a dark room.
Dune Messiah begins their European tour very soon and will be presenting their latest record ‘Moments of Bliss’ to Europe/UK audiences this month.
Don’t miss Dune Messiah live in Berlin on March 1st at the infamous Urban Spree!
- Tour poster by Olya Dyer:
- The song is mixed by Kristian Alexander Pedersen.
- Cover photo by Mike Sheridan.
- 10/02 DE, Hamburg – MS Stubnitz
- 11/02 NL, Nijmegen – Extrapool
- 12/02 FR, Lille – Yourself Café
- 13/02 BE, Brussels – Cafe Central
- 14/02 UK, London – The Fiddler
- 16/02 UK, Glasgow – Nice N’ Sleazy
- 17/02 UK, Edinburgh – Opium
- 18/02 UK, Sheffield – West Street Live
- 19/02 UK, Brighton – Rialto
- 21/02 FR, Paris – Supersonic
- 22/02 FR, Angers – Joker’s Pub
- 25/02 ES, Vitoria Gastiez – Dardara Klub
- 27/02 FR, Toulon – Hilde of La Villa Cool
- 28/02 IT, Sezzadio – Cascina Bellaria
- 1/03 DE, Berlin – Urban Spree