The melodic and morose synth based track, produced by Tom Shear of Assemblage 23, is the band’s best track yet, so resembling the synth driven goth tracks of the late 80s and early 90s, you may want to light up a clove cigarette after listening to this one.
Indeed, the inclusion of Anastasia Gwyn’s Harry Clarke’s inspired artwork along with the single certainly doesn’t help Astari Nite escape their surplus of goth points on this one, nor does the songs lyrical content, which could be a dairy entry from Goethe’s Sorrows of Young Werther.
“Infatuation is a disease that takes over the mind and pulls on your heart strings and before you know it, you find it hard to breathe and collapse. It’s truly easy to determine beauty in everything we see. Unfulfilled Promise tells a tale of obsession, a weekends worth of sadness and most of all, the truth about love for one another. At least I like to think so.” – Mychael (Vocalist Astari Nite)
The release date for Midnight Conversations is July 21st via Cleopatra Records, and the album is available for preorder now.
Astari Nite upcoming live shows:
- July 5th – With Das Ich and Alpha Quadrant, @ Respectable Street, West Palm Beach
- July 21st – Album Release Affair with Ordinary Boys and Grinder 6 @ Las Rosas, Miami
- July 28th – With Sleeping Pills @ Will’s Pub, Orlando
- September 15th – 17th – A Murder of Crows: The New York Summer Alternative Festival, Brooklyn, NY
- December 6th – Dance Macabre Festival: Gothic Rock Edition, Essen, Germany
- December 7th – Dance Macabre Festival: Gothic Rock Edition, Hannover, Germany
- December 8th – Dance Macabre Festival: Gothic Rock Edition, Hamburg, Germany