Ahead of their European tour next month—with select dates opening for Chameleons Vox—VV and the Void are premiering their video for “God Machine”, a track whose dark shoegaze elements evoke the ethereal sound that was part and parcel of early 90s goth.
On the song and album, singer/songwriter Valentina Veil explains:
“God Machine, as well as the whole album, was inspired by esoteric readings that definitely influenced and changed my approach to music and songwriting.
The Upper Room is a sort of concept album, a journey through the tree of life and its different spheres. A journey that starts from our body as a medium and the contradictions between our animal instincts and our search for the unknown. A journey from that painful “Thorn” (opening song of the album) that make us bleed and shows us our weaknesses, to our need to unveil the unknown and find the truth (God Machine). It’s a spiral journey, there is no end, no beginning, just a constant floating without any outcome, the journey starts over and over again (Et Apres, closing song) because life does not exist without death, good is nothing without evil, the Upper Room would not be without the underworld.”
“God Machine” is featured on VV and the Void’s debut LP The Upper Room, which is out May 25th via Cleopatra Records. The album was mixed and mastered by Lindsay Gravina (HTRK, The Birthday Party, Rowland S. Howard, Swervedriver) at Birdland Studios, in Melbourne, Australia.
- May 26th Germany Dresden – Club Debil
- June 1st UK London – TBA
- June 2nd UK Leicester – The Cookie w/Chameleons Vox
- June 3rd UK Wolverhampton – Newhampton Arts Centre w/Chameleons Vox
- June 4th UK Newcastle – Think Tank w/Chameleons Vox
- June 6th UK Leeds – Brudenell Social Club w/Chameleons Vox
- June 7th UK Bedford – Esquires w/Chameleons Vox
- June 8th Germany Berlin – Rosi’s / The Upper Room Record Release Party
- June 9th UK Bristol – Old England
- June 10th UK Nottingham – Nottingham Rescue Rooms w/Chameleons Vox
- June 13th Czech Republic Brno – Kabinet Muz
- June 14th Poland Warsaw – TBA
- June 15th Austria Vienna – Kramladen
- June 16th Serbia Belgrade – MKC Kombinat
- June 22nd France Paris – TBA
- June 23rd Belgium Bruges – B52
- June 30th France Lyon – Le Farmer
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: