Matt Johnson has announced today that following the 16 date tour in Europe and the UK, the 2018 reunion dates for The The will also include a series of 8 North American concerts this September that are set to be the band’s first appearance across the Atlantic in 18 years.
The North American dates begin on opening September 14th in Boston, with two concerts in New York City (Brooklyn and Manhattan), followed by dates in Toronto, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Tickets for all of the North American dates go on sale Friday, April 6, at 12 noon local time.
Still no news of the promised new The The album, which would be the first “proper” release since 2000’s Naked Self. Director Tim Pope is—however—scheduled to be doing some “music video” work with the band this year.
The The tour dates:
UK AND EUROPE
- May 25: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
- May 26: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
- May 27: Becketts Student Union, Leeds, UK
- June 1: Heartland Festival, Egeskov Castle, Denmark
- June 2: Münchenbryggeriet, Stockholm, Sweden
- June 5: Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
- June 6: Brixton Academy, London, UK
- June 7: Troxy, London, UK
- July 6: Mandela Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- July 7: Iveagh Gardens, Dublin, Ireland
- Sept. 3: Newcastle University Student Union, Newcastle, UK
- Sept. 4: Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK
- Sept. 5: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, UK
- Sept. 7: Digbeth Arena, Birmingham, UK
- Sept. 8: Festival No. 6, Portmeirion, UK
- Sept. 9: St. Philip’s Gate Arena, Bristol, UK
- Sept. 14: Orpheum Theare, Boston, MA
- Sept. 16: Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY
- Sept. 17: Beacon Theater, New York, NY
- Sept. 19: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, Toronto, ON
- Sept. 21: Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, MI
- Sept. 22: Riviera Theatre, Chicago, IL
- Sept. 24: Ford Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
- Sept. 27: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: