The Psychedelic Furs and Squeeze have jointly announced that they will embark on an epic 26-date shared tour across the United States. This sweeping journey, bringing together the two cherished bands, is set to roll out in early autumn.
The grand kick-off is scheduled for September 8, where the legendary Radio City Music Hall in New York City will play host to these musical titans. The tour will then wind its way across the nation, touching down in an array of cities. Boston, Atlanta, Nashville and Detroit will play host, as well as Denver’s mountainous backdrop, Seattle’s cool Pacific Northwest vibes, and the sun-kissed shores of San Diego. The grand finale will take place in Las Vegas, on October 14.
This extensive run, set to unite fans of both bands in a celebration of timeless music, is sure to be ‘cool for cats.’
As it stands, The Psychedelic Furs are already on the road, championing their 2020 comeback album, Made of Rain. This critically acclaimed release broke a nearly thirty-year hiatus, marking their first new music since the early ’90s. However, this tour is tinged with a note of poignancy, as they perform without their saxophonist Mars Williams, who is currently fighting a brave battle against cancer.
On the other side of the Atlantic, Squeeze is preparing to take the UK by storm with a string of performances this summer. Once they’ve concluded their British engagements, they’ll cross the Atlantic to join The Psychedelic Furs.
Tour dates are below, ‘There to remind you, telling the time.” For tickets and more info, go here and here.
Artist pre-sales are set to kick off on Wednesday, May 17, using the code HEAVEN. General ticket sales will begin at 10 a.m. local time on Friday, May 19. For further information, fans can visit the bands’ official websites.
- Sept. 8: New York, NY — Radio City Music Hall
- Sept. 9: Mashantucket, CT — Foxwoods
- Sept. 10: Asbury Park, NJ — The Stone Pony Summer Stage
- Sept. 12: Boston, MA — Boch Center Wang Theatre
- Sept. 13: Philadelphia, PA — The Met
- Sept. 14: Washington, D.C. — Filene Center at Wolf Trap
- Sept. 16: Atlanta, GA — Cadence Bank Amp at Chastain Park
- Sept. 17: Nashville, TN — Grand Ole Opry
- Sept. 19: Durham, NC — Durham Performing Arts Center
- Sept. 20: Richmond, VA — Virginia Credit Union LIVE!
- Sept. 22: Nashville, IND — Brown County Music Center
- Sept. 23: Detroit, MI — The Fillmore
- Sept. 24: Chicago, IL — Salt Shed
- Sept. 26: St. Louis, MO — Stifel Theatre
- Sept. 27: Minneapolis, MN — The Uptown Theater
- Sept. 29: Denver, CO — The Bellco Theater
- Sept. 30: Salt Lake City, UT — Eccles Theater
- Oct. 2: Eugene, OR — Silva Concert Hall @ Hult Center
- Oct. 3: Seattle, WA — The Paramount Theatre
- Oct. 5: Saratoga, CA — The Mountain Winery
- Oct. 6: Napa, CA — Blue Note Napa Session at Silverado Resort
- Oct. 7: Wheatland, CA — Hard Rock Live
- Oct. 9: San Diego, CA — The Sound
- Oct. 12: Paso Robles, CA — Vina Robles Amphitheatre
- Oct. 13: Los Angeles, CA — The Greek Theatre
- Oct. 14: Las Vegas, NV — The Pearl Theater
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: