’Republik’ is a glittery piece of glamorous darkness, with subtle hints of Rozz’s Christian Death, infused with the kind of tribal drums featured on Daisy Chainsaw’s work circa 1992, but the rough edges given thorough polish to groove in harmony with William Faith’s crooning vocals and Sarah Rose smoothly cascading guitars.
Lyrically, the songs asks if in these dark political times, we will “wake up” and turn back from the precipice while there’s still time, or will we be divided further into left and right, and have our “Republik” fall.
“Instead of us and them, it should be you and me”
“Republik” is The Bellwether Syndicate’s first new material since their 2013 debut EP The Night Watch. The track is a digital-only release via Chicago’s Sett Records, coinciding with the band’s ongoing tour with Clan of Xymox.
NORTH AMERICA with CLAN OF XYMOX
- Nov 2 Las Vegas, NV, The Bunkhouse Saloon
- Nov 3 San Diego, CA, The Casbah
- Nov 4 Los Angeles, CA, Echoplex
- Nov 5 Tustin, CA, Marty’s On Newport
- Nov 7 San Francisco, CA, DNA Lounge
- Nov 9 Seattle, WA, El Corazon
- Nov 10 Portland, OR, Star Theater
- Nov 11 Portland, OR, Star Theater
- Nov 12 Vancouver, BC Venue
- Nov 14 Calgary, AB Dickens Pub
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: