XTR Human is the solo electronic body music machine of Berlin-based Johannes Stabel. Now a decade and multiple genres into its inception, he is headed to the US for the first time this month bringing a blend of old-school post-punk, wave, industrial, techno and body music fans of acts like DAF and Front 242 will embrace. This hard EBM beat combines with ’80s new wave and Italo melodies for a full dose of nostalgia on the dance floor. Check the list of dates below to see if he’s coming to a city near you.
“Born in fire and tempered in the batcaves and warehouse raves of Berlin, Johannes Stabel brings a leather-wrapped hammer to gothic nightlife. A Don amongst the burnt strobes, grime-soaked venues and endless nights of Berlin, Stabel is revered for his high-energy performances as XTR Human. His deeply rich and arresting vocals herald back to the dark romance of ‘80s legends, while a mere flex of his fists send brvtal blasts of bass scurrying, emotional coldwave terminated beneath a furioso of modernized hardbody EBM beats that put the Schwarz in Schwarzenegger.
Gracing the international stages of Wave Gotik Treffen, Absolution Festival, Autumn Moon, E-Only and more since 2012, he’s shared the spotlight with the likes of Die Selektion, Qual, Filmmaker, Lebanon Hanover, Black Marble, Minuit Machine, She Past Away and other forcible figures within [goth] nightlife’s crucible…. Stabel aims to keep ears, minds and boots as shredded as his muscular grooves.” (Promo Text)
Full tour dates:
- September 15 – San Diego, CA – The Whistle Stop
- September 16 – Los Angeles – Catch One
- September 17 – Sacramento – The Colony
- September 18 – Oakland – Elbo Room Jack London
- September 22 – Portland – The Coffin Club
- September 24 – Seattle – Vermillion Art Gallery & Bar
- September 29 – Philadelphia – Beautiful World Syndicate
- September 30 – New York – Saint Vitus Bar
- October 6 – Tampa – Crowbar (Absolution Fest)
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: