This September, Pixies make a return to touring: eleven dates, including a pair of shows supporting NIN. Promising setlists drawn from their magnum opus, each show will feature the band playing “setlist roulette” before going onstage. No two shows will be the same combination of songs.
“Over the past year, it’s been wonderful to spend so much time with our families,” said guitarist Joey Santiago. “I’ve been doing a lot of cycling and playing music, Paz has been working on art projects, music, film, and surfing, Charles has been raising chickens and doing a lot of painting, and Dave has been playing drums, doing magic, and investing time in metal detecting and mineral collecting. But we’re ready to get back to playing live shows, and are looking forward to seeing you all.”
Pixies will kick off their trek in Port Chester, NY at the Capitol Theatre, taking the show on the road through Pittsburgh, Louisville, Fort Wayne, Cleveland and more. They’ll wrap the tour at Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa, OK, making pitstops at Milwaukee’s Summerfest, Chicago’s Riot Fest, and the two NIN shows in Cleveland at Jacobs Pavilion.
Tickets will go on sale on June 11th at 10 a.m. EST, via the band’s website.
Pixies Tour Dates
- September 10 – Port Chester, NY: Capitol Theatre
- September 11 – Pittsburgh, PA: Stage AE
- September 13 – Louisville, KY: Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
- September 14 – Fort Wayne, IN: Foellinger Theatre
- September 16 – Milwaukee, WI: Summerfest
- September 17 – Chesterfield, MO: The Factory at The District
- September 18 – Omaha, NE: The Waiting Room/Outdoors
- September 19 – Chicago, IL: Riot Fest
- September 21 – Cleveland, OH: Jacobs Pavilion (with NIN)
- September 23 – Cleveland, OH: Jacobs Pavilion (with NIN)
- September 26 – Tulsa, OK: Cain’s Ballroom