According to several blogs, Nivek Ogre (aka Kevin Ogilvie) was beaten to the point of unconsciousness and suffered a broken jaw and other injuries, just mere hours before his show as ohGr in Philadelphia on September 11th.
Following the incident, the Skinny Puppy co-founder was treated at nearby hospital for a hairline fracture going across both sides of his jaw, and checked out just in time to make the gig without canceling.
Audience members that were in attendance report that Ogre did not reveal what happened until the encore, giving no indication during the set he had been assaulted and injured during “a little altercation outside”, save for the barely noticable hospital bracelet still attached to his wrist.
No one seems to know what really happened, except that Ogre’s boots were apparently ‘poking out from the side of the tour bus like the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz’.
ohGr are currently touring in support of their latest album Tricks. No concert cancellations have been made as far as we know. ohGr is set to perform tomorrow, September 13th at Day One of Cold Waves Festival VII.
A few pics from last night’s OHGR show.
— Scott Cole (@13visions) September 12, 2018
Hey Philadelphia! Do you just not like Canadians?? First @hitchBOT gets murdered there, now @ohGrOfficial gets jumped and his jaw broken there! ( But still plays the show for you ) Whats up with that? #Philly #Philadelphia
— Dave Rave Ogilvie (@rabbitwithhorns) September 12, 2018
ohGr Tour Dates:
- Sep 12 — Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
- Sep 13 — New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- Sep 15 — Montreal, QC @ Les Foufounes Electriques
- Sep 16 — Toronto, ON @ Lee’s Palace
- Sep 18 — Hamtramck, MI @ Smalls
- Sep 19 — Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
- Sep 21 — Chicago, IL @ Metro
- Sep 22 — St. Louis, MO @ Delmar Hall
- Sep 25 — Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad
- Sep 26 — Phoenix, AZ @ Club Red
- Sep 27 — Los Angeles, CA @ 1720