Nick Cave has just announced that he is bringing 19 on-stage conversation events to Europe & the UK in May and June of this year, where the famed singer will be answering a selection of questions from fans and performing some of his most iconic tracks on piano.
Regarding the special “connectivity” of the conversation events, Cave has stated:
“I thought that a direct conversation with the audience might be valuable in the recent live shows we have all shown a kind of willingness to open up.”
Just last week, during a date on the sold-out Australian conversation tour Cave told a 10-year-old named Ptolemy that listening to strange and obscure music could open him up to great things, going on to say:
“This secret knowledge you have is a strength that will inspire you to do wondrous things – like write stories, or draw pictures, or build rockets that fly to Mars”.
Cave concluded his praise by then remarking on the boy being full of inspiration, and having warriors name by saying with confidence:
“The world is waiting for you. Blow ‘em away, kid.”
The European “Conversations” tour kicks off in Hamburg on May 13 through the 29, before a short break before heading to the UK.
The tour concludes at Brighton’s Dome Concert Hall on June 28.
Tickets are on sale from 10am on Thursday February 21 at nickcave.com
- Monday 13 – Friedrich-Ebert-Halle, Hamburg, Germany
- Wednesday 15 – Admiralspalast, Berlin, Germany
- Thursday 16 – Tonhalle, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Sunday 19 – Oslo Konserthus, Oslo, Norway
- Tuesday 21 – DR Koncerthuset, Koncertsalen, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Friday 24 – Philharmonie, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Sunday 26 – Het Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Monday 27 – TivoliVredenburg, Grote Zaal, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Wednesday 29 – DeRoma, Antwerp, Belgium
- Saturday 15 – Wales Millenium Centre, Cardiff, UK
- Monday 17 – Symphony Hall, Birmingham, UK
- Wednesday 19 – The Barbican, London, UK
- Thursday 20 – The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, UK
- Saturday 22 – Usher Hall, Edinburgh, UK
- Saturday 23 – Sage One, Gateshead, UK
- Tuesday 25 – Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, UK
- Wednesday 26 – Eventim Olympia, Liverpool, UK
- Friday 28 – Brighton Dome Concert Hall, Brighton, UK
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: