Just in time for the 35th anniversary of The Smiths’ self titled debut LP, Morrissey has announced that he will be embarking on an eight-date tour of Canada this April, with partial proceeds going to benefit animal welfare charities throughout Canada.
This follows the Mancunian singer’s decision 15 years ago to boycott the Great White North until they banned their annual seal hunt.
Morrissey’s short trek across Canada begins in Vancouver on the 15th of April, and concludes on April 29th in Montreal, hitting Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and Toronto in between.
Tickets go on sale 10 a.m. Friday local time.
See full dates below.
In case Morrissey cancels any of these dates, there is always the option of cutting out the middleman, and donating to your favorite Canadian animal welfare charity in lieu of buying a ticket.
Morrissey Canadian tour dates
- April 15: Vancouver, BC, Orpheum Theatre
- April 17: Calgary, AB, Southern Alberta Jubliee Auditorium
- April 18: Edmonton, AB, Northern Alberta Jubliee Auditorium
- April 20: Saskatoon, SK, TCU Place
- April 22: Winnipeg, MB, Centennial Concert Hall
- April 26: Toronto, ON, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- April 27: Toronto, ON, Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
- April 29: Montreal, QC, MTELUS
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: