In the shadows where dreams and desires intertwine, Lucy Kruger & The Lost Boys reveal “Howl”—a mesmerizing single that whispers its secrets pulled from the forthcoming Heaving album, set to emerge from the twilight on April 7th through Unique Records and The Orchard. “Howl” is a tempest of intensity that weaves a tapestry of defiance and devastation, with the enchantment of art pop ambient noise threaded throughout.
We hear the ethereal experimental sounds of Delia Derbyshire reverberating through the captivating introduction, but the raw and visceral energy of PJ Harvey, Hole, and Garbage soon crash the party, plunging into a chasm of primal screams. This is the anthem of the shadow self, boldly asserting her presence; a Lilith who demands to be heard. “Howl” is avant-garde in the most magnificent sense – it exposes the deepest vulnerability of being human, with all its intense, bloody splendour, and presents these emotions on a tarnished silver platter of scattered vocals. “Howl” gracefully slips from whimsy to brutal confessions, invoking catharsis through power chords. Beyond the mere formation of words, the voice becomes a primal, otherworldly form of expression.
Lucy Kruger muses on her artistic odyssey and the anticipation of the looming tour: “I spent the last three albums quietly singing about how I wanted to make a noise and, on this song, I’ve finally managed to do just that—which means, when we go on tour, I’ll have to make more noise, which is a lovely trap to have set for myself. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all goes, and how it all feels.”
Watch the lyric video for “Howl” below:
Hailing from the bewitching realms of Berlin and led by the South African-born songstress Lucy Kruger, the band has cast their atmospheric and intense spell upon captivated audiences across Germany and Europe, gracing stages at Rheeperbahn, Fusion, Maifeld Derby, Wave-Gotik Treffen, South of Silence, Immergut, Left of The Dial, and Synästhesie.
As the ‘Tapes Trilogy’ draws to its haunting close, Lucy Kruger & The Lost Boys turn their gaze towards the Heaving LP, inviting listeners to traverse a live set that drifts between introspection and euphoria. They have announced their album launch on May 5th at Lido in Berlin, alongside a Spring 2023 European Tour. Embark on this bewitching journey by securing your tickets at https://lklb.tourlink.to/tickets.
From March 16 onwards, let ‘Howl’ whisper in your ears on fine music platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Bandcamp. Pre-order the full ‘Heaving’ LP, set to bewitch your spirit on April 7, by following this link: https://orcd.co/heaving.
- Apr 04 Freiburg, Germany – Slow Club
- Apr 05 Zürich, Switzerland – Fabriktheater Rote Fabrik
- Apr 06 Alessandria, Italy – Cascina Bellaria, Sezzadio
- Apr 07 Sion, Switzerland – Point 11
- Apr 08 Varese, Italy – Circolo Gagarin
- Apr 10 Macerata, Italy – Circolo Dong
- Apr 10 Fano, Italy – Bagni Elsa Nº3
- Apr 14 Paris, France – Supersonic
- Apr 15 Lille, France – To Be Announced
- Apr 16 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Cinetol
- Apr 19 Nuremberg, Germany – Z-Bau
- Apr 20 Bielefeld, Germany – Johanniskirche
- May 02 Leipzig, Germany – Moritzbastei
- May 03 Hamburg, Germany – Hafenklang
- May 04 Hannover, Germany – Glocksee
- May 05 Berlin, Germany – Lido
- May 24 Dresden, Germany – Jazz Club Tonne
- May 26 Offenburg, Germany – 361 Grad im Spitalkeller
- May 27 Esslingen, Germany – Psych In Bloom
- May 28 Offenbach, Germany – Hafen 2
- Aug 10 Bad Kötzting, Germany – void
Follow Lucy Kruger & The Lost Boys:
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: