Hot on the heels of their successful North American tour supporting Molchat Doma, the Los Angeles-based synth-pop phenomenons, Nuovo Testamento, have announced their “Love Lines” headlining tour for this fall. The Italian-American band, renowned for their unique blend of Italo disco, New Jack Swing, Hi-NRG, and freestyle, will set out on an adventure across the US and Canada in September and October.
Formed in 2018 and featuring Chelsey Crowley on vocals, Giacomo Zatti who brings rhythm through his programming and electronic drum set, and Andrea Mantione on synthesizers, the band has been on a steady rise to the top. Their signature sound, a homage to the 80s pop scene built around a range of vintage synthesizers and classic production techniques, offers an indulgent and nostalgic listening journey. This style shines through their album, New Earth, and even more so in their latest LP, Love Lines.
While the band’s cult hit single, “The Searcher,” from the New Earth, beautifully encapsulates the new wave euphoria of a packed dancefloor, their recent LP, “Love Lines,” is a pure pop pleasure that feels as though it was crafted in the ’80s. It carries a shimmer that certain subcultural devotees would be hesitant to admit they utterly adore. With tracks like “Wildlife,” “Heartbeat,” “Heat,” “A Perfect Storm,” and “Get Closer,” the album effectively channels the 1980s aura through its synthpop elements and Crowley’s unique vocals. The concluding track, “In My Dreams,” is particularly praised for its dance-inviting bass line and Crowley’s upbeat yet hauntingly idealistic vocals.
With their “Love Lines” tour, Nuovo Testamento are eager to introduce their unique pop flavor to a broader audience and demonstrate their knack for blending vintage and modern soundscapes. Their compelling lyrics, addictive synthpop tunes, and mesmerizing performances promise a music experience that will not soon be forgotten.
“We just can’t get enough of y’all,” the band expresses enthusiastically.
Tickets are now available on their website.
- September 10 San Diego CA @ Casbah
- September 12 West Hollywood CA @ The Roxy
- September 13 San Francisco CA @ Rickshaw Stop
- September 15 Portland OR @ Coffin Club
- September 16 Vancouver BC @ Green Auto
- September 17 Seattle WA @ Substation
- September 19 Salt Lake City UT @ Urban Lounge
- September 20 Denver CO @ HQ
- September 21 Kansas City MO @ Blvd Nights
- September 22 Chicago IL @ Cold Waves Festival – The Metro
- September 23 Pittsburgh PA @ Brillobox
- September 24 Philadelphia PA @ Johnny Brenda’s
- September 26 Brooklyn NY @ Saint Vitus
- September 27 Washington DC @ Songbyrd
- September 28 Boston MA @ Middle East Downstairs ✦
- September 29 Montreal QC @ POP Montreal – La Sala Rossa
- September 30 Toronto ON @ Nineteen Seventy Eight
- October 01 Ann Arbor MI @ Blind Pig
- October 03 Nashville TN @ Eastside Bowl ✦
- October 04 Atlanta GA @ Terminal West ✦
- October 05 Tampa FL @ Absolution Festival – The Crowbar
- October 06 New Orleans LA @ Santos
- October 07 Houston TX @ Last Concert Cafe
- October 08 Dallas TX @ Club Dada
- October 10 Mcallen TX @ The Gremlin
- October 11 San Antonio TX @ Paper Tiger
- October 12 El Paso TX @ The Reagan
- October 13 Phoenix AZ @ Valley Bar
- October 14 Pomona CA @ The Glass House
✦ Supporting Twin Tribes
Follow Nuovo Testamento:
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: