Los Angeles’ Duo Lucky+Love have released their sophomore album Transitions, offering 10 new tracks across the spectrum of synthgaze, darkwave, and electro punk.
The band is comprised of vocalist & multi-synth-pedal-instrumentalist April Love and drummer & multi-synth instrumentalist Loren Luck.
“This is a very transformational record. Making it was an emotional journey with both heart-breaking and fun experiences because we are always in transition,” says Loren Luck.
“We’re having fun; at same time, there’s much reflection on fun moments, like dancing in clubs or going to the beach,” adds April Love, “But we transition, going deeper into the unknown. On our first debut record, there were a lot of sky and space concepts introduced. For this second album, we get downright spooky. Like my brain keeps imagining a transition into ‘rainbow body’ while I’m playing ‘Soul Alive'”
Love continues, “I play typical loud and bassy, control filter synths, and Loren has psycho beats, and our spoon bending lyrical concepts brush up against danger, and suspense like in ‘Dangerous Run Away.’ These songs are up for interpretation cause this ride is totally up to you.”
With support globally from Southern Record Distributors and Forced Exposure, the Transitions LP is out now at record stores, and can be ordered via Bandcamp.
Listen to Transitions below:
LUCKY+LOVE will be supporting their new album with a string of concerts, including four at various LA venues. In June, the duo head to the UK, where they will perform at London’s Synthwave Live Festival, co-headlining with B-Movie, before playing an array of other UK cities. More dates are expected to be announced. See dates below.
- May 16 Los Angeles, CA – Downtown L.A. Art Walk, The Lash
- May 24 Los Angeles, CA – Record Release Show, Pop Obscure Records
- May 31 Los Angeles, CA – Grand View Market
- June 16 Los Angeles, CA – Silverlake Lounge (with Darkswoon)
- June 22 London, UK – Synthwave Live 3, Electrowerkz (with B-Movie)
- June 23 Bristol, UK – The Crofters Rights
- June 24 Manchester, UK – The Peer Hat (with The Jan Doyle Band and The Junta)
- June 25 Leeds, UK – The Fox & Newt
- June 26 Sheffield, UK – The Mulberry Bar
- June 27 Bedord, UK – Bedford Esquires (with Actors and Empathy Test)
- July 13 Los Angeles, CA – Bar Sinister (Wandering Poets release party)
- July 18 Portland, OR – The Lovecraft Bar (with Darkswoon)
- July 19 Seattle, WA – LoFi Seattle (The Spellbound Summer Bats Bash!)
- Sep 15 Los Angeles, CA – TBA (with The Secret Light, Xibling, and The Electric West)
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: