Goth pop duo Wingtips are premiering with us today their video for “Relativity”, their first new song in nearly two years.
The track is a soaring anthem stepped in mid to late 80s nostalgia whose keyboard driven production is a cross between John Hughes soundtrack cuts from Thompson Twins or OMD, and guitar work reminiscent of The Cure’s Disintegration.
This is the band’s best track thus far, and back in 1988, this would the song playing at the high-school dance where two lovers reconcile with a heart felt kiss.
Wingtips will be on tour this fall, where the pair of Vincent Segretario and Hannah Avalon play their hometown of Chicago with none other than analog synth master Martial Canterel. before heading east for a short serious of dates.
- 8/30 Chicago, IL Chop Shop w/ Martial Canterel
- 9/1 Minneapolis, MN Kitty Kat Club w/ Martial Canterel
- 9/10 Columbus, OH Tree Bar
- 9/11 Philadelphia, PA The Barbary
- 9/12 Brooklyn, NY Nothing Changes @ Saint Vitus
- 9/13 Pittsburgh, PA Rock Room w/ Bambara
- 9/14 Cleveland, OH MOCA Museum of Contemporary Art
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: