French post-punk quartet Structures are premiering with us today their song “Dancers”, a track featured on their debut EP “Long Life”.
The song is a catchy and playful intermingling of guitars, drums, and bass that are reminiscent of the compositions from post-punk revival artists from the early 2000s.
On the song’s themes, Structures had this to say:
“Dancers talks about these dances that we perform most often in duets, dances of lovers, challenges, very trying dances. They are chess games, disguised battles in which conquest is the main engine. In the end, it is always and above all question of winner and loser.”
This follows the recent premiere of video for the EP’s title track whose rhythmic vocals harmonize with reverb with well crafted lyrics, cadence, and intonations that hypnotically suggest that the listener should sing along to a song whose themes on the surface resonate with ironic designation.
The band clarify about the song:
“Long Life is a piece that offers a total let go, a confession of someone willing to get rid of everything he has and what he is. It is the acceptance, Long life illustrates a passage to the maturity, a changeover being done not without a certain violence and rage. But the interpretations and the readings are multiple, free to everyone to find hers.”
Long Life is out on September 28th with a release party on October 25th at Petit Bain in Paris with Die Selektion and FTR.
- DEC 08 – LES 4ÉCLUSES, DUNKERQUE (FR) w/ RENDEZ-VOUS
- NOV 23 – LE RISQUONS-TOUT, MOUSCRON (B)
- NOV 16 – LA CENTRIFUGEUSE, PAU (FR) w/ RENDEZ-VOUS
- NOV 15 – LE MAGNÉTO, BAYONNE (FR) w/ RENDEZ-VOUS
- NOV 14 – LA RUMEUR, LILLE (FR) for/ FESTIVAL HAUTE FREQUENCE
- NOV 7 – AU CABARET DE SULLY, LILLE (FR)
- OCT 25 – RELEASE PARTY, PETIT BAIN, PARIS (FR) w/ DIE SELEKTION + FTR
- OCT 5 – LE DEEP INSIDE KLUB ROCK, DIJON (FR)
- SEP 29 – L’USINE, ST-PIERRE-LES-BITRY (FR) for/ FESTIVAL PICARDIE FOR EVER
- SEP 27 – LA MAC, BORDEAUX (FR) for/ CAMPULSATIONS FESTIVAL
- SEP 21 – LA POINTE LAFAYETTE, PARIS (FR) w/ LAST NIGHT WE KILLED PINEAPPLE
- SEP 20 – LA GARE SAINT SAUVEUR, LILLE (FR)
- SEP 13 – LA CONDITION PUBLIQUE, ROUBAIX (FR) for/ FESTIVAL CROSSROADS