North America: your time has come. Synthpop icons Erasure are bringing their Neon Tour this side of the pond in early 2022, in support of their latest album, The Neon, a record that came out during the pandemic.
The Neon takes its inspiration from pop music through the decades that singer Andy Bell loved as a child through to the present day: “It was about refreshing my love – hopefully, our love – of great pop. I want kids now to hear these songs! I wanted to recharge that feeling that pop can come from anyone.”
Thankfully, Bell gets his wish.
After Erasure wraps up their European tour, the North American trek begins in Miami on 14 January 2022. All sets will feature Bag Raiders (a DJ set), working their way up the East Coast to NYC at Radio City Music Hall, up to Toronto, with further stops in Pittsburgh, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, Denver, Kansas City, Portland, LA and finally wrapping things up in Vegas.
Erasure reflected upon The Neon last year: “Our music is always a reflection of how we’re feeling,” Clarke said. “Andy was in a good place spiritually, and so was I – really good places in our minds. You can hear that.”
Tickets for all dates of the tour go on sale Friday, September 25 at 12:00 noon local time, with pre-sales starting Tuesday, 22 June, at 10:00 AM local time.
All information can be found here.
- January 14 – Miami Beach, FL – The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater
- January 15 – Orlando, FL – Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center
- January 16 – St. Petersburg, FL – The Mahaffey Theater
- January 18 – Durham, NC – DPAC – Durham Performing Arts Center
- January 20 – New York, NY – Radio City Music Hall
- January 25 – Toronto, ON – Meridian Hall
- January 27 – Pittsburgh, PA – The Byham Theater
- January 28 – Chicago, IL – Credit Union 1 Arena at UIC
- January 29 – Cincinnati, OH – The Andrew J Brady ICON Music Center
- February 1 – Asbury Park, NJ – Paramount Theatre
- February 3 – Washington, DC – The Anthem
- February 4 – Atlantic City, NJ – Caesars
- February 5 – Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre presented by Citizens Bank
- February 8 – Atlanta, GA – Symphony Hall
- February 11 – Houston, TX – TBA (venue & on sale to be announced)
- February 12 – Irving, TX – The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- February 13 – Austin, TX – ACL Live at the Moody Theater
- February 15 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater
- February 18 – Denver, CO – Bellco Theatre
- February 19 – Salt Lake City, UT – Maverik Center
- February 23 – Portland, OR – Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- February 25 – San Francisco, CA – Chase Center
- February 26 – Los Angeles, CA – Performance Venue at Hollywood Park
- February 27 – Las Vegas, NV – Venetian Theatre