On May 15th, in celebration of the band”s 40th anniversary, Berlin”s own Industrial avant-Garde music heroes Einstürzende Neubauten are set to release their first regular studio album in 12 years.
The record is called “Alles im Allem”, and contains ten songs that explore the German capital city that has been home to the band for the past four decades. The album will be released via Potomak on CD, vinyl, digital and as a deluxe box set (incl. Book, DVD and seven exclusive songs on a bonus CD and LP).
Here is the official promotion synopsis for the album:
“An extremely cynical reflection of the state of the capital, which has become a song, did not make it onto the album, leaving a hole around which there were far more differentiated debates with Berlin. So Blixa Bargeld wanders through memories, through dreams, assembles fragments – and yet it is always about the presence of this intangible city. ”
Alles im Allem is the first proper Einstürzende Neubauten album following 2008″s The Jewells, however, the band did release the World War I Concept album Lament in 2014.
In promotion of the new album, the band are set to embark on their extensive “Year of the Rat” world tour, which includes their first North American dates in over 15 years.
- 20.04. Berlin, Konzerthaus
- 23.05. A-Wien, Arena Open Air
- 29.05.-01.06. Leipzig, Wave-Gotik-Treffen
- 02.06. Köln, E-Werk
- 11.06. Hamburg, Elbphilharmonie
- 17.06. Wiesbaden, Schlachthof
- 19.06. CH-Zürich, Rote Fabrik
- 20.06. CH-Lausanne, Les Docks
- 21.06. Ludwigsburg, MHP Arena
- 18.09. München, Muffathalle
- 25.09. Berlin, Columbiahalle
- October 15 Fonda Theatre Los Angeles, CA United States
- October 16 The Fillmore San Francisco, CA, United States
- October 18 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR, United States
- October 19 Neptune Theatre Seattle, WA, United States
- October 23 The Vic Theatre Chicago, IL, United States
- October 24 Saint Andrew’s Hall Detroit, MI, United States
- October 25 The Danforth Music Hall Toronto, ON, Canada
- October 28 Wilbur Theatre Boston, MA, United States
- October 30 Brooklyn Steel Brooklyn, New York, United States
- October 31 Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA, United States