German Industrial music pioneers Einstürzende Neubauten have confirmed they will be embarking on a North American leg of their recently announced Year of The Rat Tour in celebration of the band’s 40th anniversary.
The band have also announced an as of yet untitled new album, while the tour meanwhile refers to the symbolic animal of 2020—the rat—in the Chinese zodiac.
The last time the Berlin-based band attempted a tour across the Atlantic was back in 2010.
Unfortunately, Blixa Bargeld and Co experienced heavy losses when their ten date 30th-anniversary tour of the US was held up by bureaucratic red tape.
Neubauten had two cancel the tour just two days before the first gig at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles, at the time stating:
“While the US Department of Homeland Security did issue approvals for the band’s visas, it was not done in time to secure the appointments at the overseas embassies and consulates that represent the necessary final step in the process.”
Neubauten will finally make it to the Fonda Theatre on October 15th, 2020, beginning a 10 date tour that ends in Philadelphia on October 31st, Halloween.
- October 15 Fonda Theatre Los Angeles, CA United States
- October 16 The Fillmore San Francisco, CA, United States
- October 18 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR, United States
- October 19 Neptune Theatre Seattle, WA, United States
- October 23 The Vic Theatre Chicago, IL, United States
- October 24 Saint Andrew’s Hall Detroit, MI, United States
- October 25 The Danforth Music Hall Toronto, ON, Canada
- October 28 Wilbur Theatre Boston, MA, United States
- October 30 Brooklyn Steel Brooklyn, New York, United States
- October 31 Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA, United States