Genre-defying post-punk luminaries Dead Can Dance are adding more dates to there tour of the Americas this spring, or at least just one for now—although that may change as shows are likely to sell out.
The new date at beautiful Mission Ballroom in Denver Colorado is appropriately set for the May 1st holiday of Beltane.
Beltane is the Gaelic May Day festival, which occurs roughly halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice, and the music of Dead Can Dance is certainly the perfect soundtrack for those who wish to dance around the Maypole.
This new addition to the itinerary is part of the long-running British Australian band’s A Celebration – Life & Works tour, which also serves in the promotion of their 9th studio LP and concept album Dionysus.
Tickets Onsale for the Mission Ballroom concert on May 1st, 2020, are on Friday, Nov 1st at 10 am Local Time.
Earlier in 2019, for the European leg of this career-spanning celebration, audience members were treated to a set of fan favorites, with highlights being the original arrangement of “In Power We Entrust The Love Avocated”, “Xavier”, “Avatar”, and more:
The final night in Europe was at the Odeio Herodou Attikou, in Athens, Greece.
Here is the setlist from that beautiful evening:
- Anywhere Out of the World
- Labour of Love
- In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley
- Indoctrination (A Design for Living)
- Yulunga (Spirit Dance)
- The Carnival Is Over
- The Host of Seraphim
- Autumn Sun
- Dance of the Bacchantes
- Song to the Siren
- The Promised Womb
Dead Can Dance begin their Spring tour in Philadelphia, PA on April 17, playing shows across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Columbia, and Peru, Brendan Perry, Lisa Gerrard and full backing band will return to the Americas for the first time since Coachella in April 2013.
Dead Can Dance tour dates
- April 17: The Met Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- April 19: The Anthem, Washington, D.C., USA
- April 21: Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, USA
- April 24: Boch Center, Boston, MA, USA
- April 26: Meridian Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada
- April 28: Scottish Rite Cathedral Theatre, Detroit, MI, USA
- April 29: Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL, USA
- May 1st: The Mission Ballroom, Denver, CO, USA
- May 3: Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
- May 4: Orpheum Annex Theatre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- May 7: The Masonic, San Francisco, CA, USA
- May 9: Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- May 11: San Diego Civic Theatre, San Diego, CA, USA
- May 14: Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
- May 16: Teatro Diana, Guadalajara, Mexico
- May 19: Teatro Jorge Eliecer Gaitan, Bogota, Colombia
- May 24: Teatro Municipal, Santiago, Chile