Day-glo Punks Rubella Ballet, a post-punk act from the extended Anarcho-Punk Crass family, whose past members Pete Fender, and Gem Stone were the progeny of Poison Girls legendary Vi Subversa, are set to tour the US in celebration of the band’s 40th anniversary.
Singer Zillah Minx and CO’s first date of the tour is at Pittsburgh’s Skull Fest on August 16th, a festival whose lineup also includes Poison Idea, Sheer Terror, Dropdead, Warwound, and more.
Meanwhile, Rubella Ballet has also recently released the digitally remixed and remastered singles compilation Day Glo Daze, which includes all of their singles starting from 1979 til now. Some of our favorites classic included on the collection are “Ballet Dance”, “Money Talks”, and “Arctic Flowers”, all essential songs for any classic post-punk playlist.
Listen to “Arctic Flowers” below:
- 8/16 Pittsburgh, PA Skull Fest
- 8/20 Baltimore, MD Sidebar w/ Resist and Exist
- 8/21 Philadelphia, PA Cousin Danny/s w/ Reist and Exist
- 8/22 Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn Bazaar w/ Haram, Blu Anxiety, Wysteria, Miedo
- 8/23 Boston, MA ONCE Ballroom w/ Wisteria
- 8/24 Albany, NY Paulys Hotel w/ Wisteria
*Featured photo by Albert Licano, via Rubella Ballet Facebook