Icelandic post-punk witches Kælan Mikla are burning bright the the unveiling of their tenebrous new track “Hvernig kemst ég upp?” which translates to “How do I get up?”.
The song is featured on the band’s upcoming third full length album Nótt eftir nótt (“Night After Night”), which is set for release digitally on November 9th via Artoffact Records.
A first edition pressing on milky-clear vinyl ships on December 7, 2018. The sleeve includes beautiful spot-varnish and comes with a heavy-weight insert.
Previously Kælan Mikla were invited personally by Robert Smith to play both his curation of London’s Meltdown Festival, and The Cure’s 40th Anniversary concert at Hyde Park.
Following that, the Icelandic trio issued their LP Mánadans, which was recorded between 2013 to 2015, but went unreleased in lieu of their official self titled Fabrika records debut issued in 2016.
Kælan Mikla will be on tour in Europe with King Dude this September, with their first South American tour to follow.
Tour Dates 2018:
- September 20th, Berlin, DE*
- September 21st, Leipzig, DE*
- September 22nd, Poznan, PO*
- September 23rd, Krakow, PO*
- September 24th, Budapest, HU*
- September 25th, Vienna, AT*
- September 26th, Munich, DE*
- September 27th, Martigny, FR*
- September 28th, Langres, FR*
- September 29th, Nantes, FR*
- September 30th, Paris, FR*
- October 1st, London, UK*
- October 2nd, Sint Niklass, BE*
- October 3rd, The Hague, NL*
- October 4th, Den Bosch, NL*
- October 5th, Oberhausen, DE*
- October 6th, Wurzburg, DE*
- October 24th, Hvalur Festival, Bratislava, SK
- November 8th, Iceland Airwaves, Reykjavik, IS
- November 9th, Den Sorte Firkant, Copenhagen, DK
- November 10th, Fabrika Fest, Berlin, DE* With King Dude
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: