Italian Darkwave Trio Ash Code return with another video from their acclaimed third studio album, Perspektive. The record which explores the perils of our digital age of information and disinformation sees the band with a new US Distribution deal with Metropolis Records, leading up to a North American tour this August.
Regarding the song and video, which encapsulates the Orwellian caution urged by the band in their LP Perspektive, Ash Code explain:
“Disease’ is one of our darkest songs, the lyrics are about the technological drift of the time, the disinformation and cynicism we live in.
The protagonist of the song’s an active subject seeing everything clearly and wonders how all this passivity is possible, along with this non-curious way of thinking—and ultimately lands with him asking for a lobotomy.
For the first time, we didn’t work with Elio De Filippo as director, entrusting the task to Sally Dige who worked with Christoffer Bagge in the title role. “
Indeed, “Disease” with its stark black and white visuals, utilizes shape and shadow in a manner that parallels the work of Robert Wiene’s The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, with Bagge of Totem as an analogue of that film’s Cesare—the somnambulist representing mankind being conditioned into accepting the rise of fascism. The video was filmed and directed by Sally Dige Jørgensen.
Watch the video for “Disease” below:
For ordering the CD/LP in Europe, go here.
USA Tour Dates:
- 28th August – Tampa, FL Crowbar
- 29th August – Atlanta, GA Drunken Unicorn
- 30th August – Baltimore, MD Metro Gallery House
- 31th August – Philadelphia, PA – TBC
- 01st September – Brooklyn, NY – A Murder Of Crows Festival @ Brooklyn Bazaar
- 04th September – Chicago, IL – TBC
- 05th September – Portland, OR @ Holocene
- 06th September – San Francisco, CA @ The Uptown
- 07th September – San Diego, CA @ Soda Bar
- 08th September – Los Angeles, CA – Part Time Punks @ Echoplex
Please support Post-Punk.com! You can do so via: