Indie-pop darlings Desperate Journalist have premiered this week their video for “Satellite” off of their upcoming third studio album In Search of the Miraculous.
The track follows “Cedars” which was featured by Steve Lamacq’s featured on BBC 6 Music as well as having it’s premiere on The Quietus.
Satellite is an earnest pop daydream, bolstered by Rob Hardy’s cascading guitar that augments the fervent vocals from Jo Bevan, which later glide into a calmer interlude carried by the brilliant rhythm section of drummer Caroline “Caz” Helbert and bassist Simon Drowner.
Watch the video below:
“It’s an album about the terrifying beauty of hope, and the excitement of possibility. And love. Because it always does come back to that really” -Jo Bevan
In Search of the Miraculous is scheduled for release on February 22nd on a variety of formats, including CD, heavyweight vinyl and limited edition coloured vinyl.
- 22 Feb – London – Rough Trade East
- 23 Feb – Brighton – Vinyl Revolution (Acoustic)
- 14th March – Birmingham – Hare and Hounds
- 15th March – Manchester – Deaf Institute
- 16th March – Glasgow – Broadcast
- 21st March – Bristol – Exchange
- 22nd March – Nottingham – Bodega
- 23rd March – Leeds – Lending Room
- 5th April – London – The Garage
- 8th May – Hamburg – Hafenklang
- 9th May – Cologne – MTC
- 10th May – Stuttgart – Merlin
- 11th May – Munster – Gleiss 22